Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Ripple is Born!


Hmm, looks like I have a few umbilical cords to weave in....


Please meet the new bundle of joy!


     All stretched out, and ready to get cuddly with friends...


 I used colours that were available to me at shops in town, and that was limited. My fantasy is that of being able to walk into the magical yarn store that has thousands of colours at my fingertips!  
Oh, I guess that would be called shopping on line!  


I think most of this is wool, some from my stash and lots from a crazy sale at a discount fabric store. $2 per ball for wool! I think they bought the stock from a company that went under. Well, I looked up what people had to say about the brand on Ravelry, and a few said it grows quiet a bit and pills. So no, I won't be using it for a sweater. For you Vancouverites, the store is Dressew and they have cotton too!


These guys are just propped on top of pillow forms, the fabric too. Hmm, I do love the combination of this last one though, now that I'm looking at it in a photo.


Please let me know what you think! I've been lonely with no comments!


8 comments:

Attic24 said...

Hi becky
Sooo lovely to visit with you, I am really wowed by your ripple, I think the colours are truly beautiful! They look so fresh and bright and remind me of long summer days.
I've just ordered some fresh yarn from the internet, the colours were not what I expected but looking at your ripple I think my colours are similar, and so I am releived to see how good they look together!
Hope you're having a lovley bright sunny day
Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lululiz said...

Fabulous! It is so worth all the time it takes to crochet it and all the hassle of sewing in those pesky ends. It looks fantastic.

barbara said...

Hello Rebecca, Lovely to see your blog, all my favorite colors, how wonderful to have finished a ripple blanket!
And your Ravelry photos are very inspiring too ...

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Well I will comment! Lovely ripple and gorgeous granny cushion! Love your colours.

I have been working on my ripple for over a year. That will teach me to make a blanket for my king size bed! ;)

Lisa

vanessa said...

What a gorgeous ripple! And it looks fabulous with that beautiful embroidered cushion on it. All your crochet is fab, the cushions, the blanket, everything. I think crochet adds such a colourful, homely feel to a room, I try and have it all over our house, as much as I can get away with infact! Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

Stitchy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! It feels really good to share and to get feedback.

Kayanna said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and sharing your ripple with me! It's gorgeous!! And I'm so in love the little pillows. The color combinations are fantastic! Hope you have a great week!

47cats said...

The ripple is absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors make me very happy. Makes me want to get out my ripple pattern. :)