Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Power of Edna



To continue with the red theme a little. This looks like old fabric, but it was a 'new' thrift store shirt. If it had been in my size, I would have been really happy. So, this is Edna's apron for Tie on One, but I want a picture, that shows the actual apron a little better. After my last post with Edna, I remembered the power of toys, and play. I remember as a child and I remember my own children at play. A stuffed animal is real, you become an author, you are free to explore and to discover things you may never have, if you did not play.

5 comments:

vicci said...

Becky....I got an e-mail today from a friend who looked at your blog..she fell in love with the "button bag" that you knitted...and wants to know if you perhaps have a pattern for it??? If so ...just let me know...and I will pass along that info to her...Thanks, Vicci
ps...do you want to sell any monkey dolls? or do you have a pattern for those?

Amanda said...

I love Edna! That is my grandmother's name!

You haven't gotten the package yet? I sent it a week ago Monday. However, it is international, so I guess that is the deal. I sent you some fun stuff, so I hope it arrives safely. Let me know when it gets there! I hope you enjoy what your first swap brings!

Anonymous said...

I love the sock monkey! and her apron...good job!

Anonymous said...

Cute apron and such a great fabric find!

PJ said...

I am a fan of Edna. I thing she is smashing in that black and red look! Love how you reminded us that we need to look at things from a youthful perpective!