Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Monkey Business

I've been up to some serious monkey business and having a lot of fun! I'm still not sure why I've been so enchanted with making them. I did want a real monkey when I was little and I loved Curious George. Anyway, here's one of the girls in all her naked glory. I think it's time for a dress, don't you?
( I was inspired by her Elizabeth Taylor eyes.)

A little turquoise mohair and some beads to spruce it up...

OK, now everyone gets their portrait in the rocking chair. 
This gal is into pillow case dresses and rhinestone brooches.

She's not fond of a lot of makeup.

Back to you, violet eyes.

I don't think a toque goes with that dress. Silly monkey!

Last but not least. 
This lady is sporting a cotton shift with silver thread and a colourful shawl and wooly cap. 

Love those eyes!

And here are the girls together. They have a fourth sister, but she has one arm and no ears at this point. You can understand her hesitation at not wanting to be in any photos at this point.

So you can see I've been up to very important work lately!

Please let me know what you think!  

Cheers and Happy December! 





6 comments:

Lululiz said...

ROFLMAO, they are absolutely adorable, and the photos really did make me laugh out loud. My favourite has got to be the one with the beret, her expression is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I love Sock Monkeys and have wrapped many this year for presents but yours are truly wonderful. Brilliant xLinda

Martha said...

Those are the most adorable sock monkeys I've ever seen, and the outfits are fabulous. They are all so wonderful, but I especially love the pillowcase dress and cardigan with the brooch.

Annie Jeffries said...

These sock monkeys are so cute. I never paid much attention to them but then my son marries a young woman who is all about the MONKEY. What a kick.

Isabel said...

I don't know why, but the one with the red beret makes me think of you... !

Isabel said...

Apparently Emma thinks so, too! Haha!