Monday, March 03, 2008

Behind the Wheel

Look! I got my new spinning wheel! After researching wheels and trying out a few, at home, through my spinning class, I choose the Lendrum folding wheel . At first when I brought the tester home I thought it felt too high, sitting at my usual place, on the couch. Once I moved to this chair it felt perfect, in more ways than one. You see I bought this chair years ago at the flea market, and it hung around for years looking ratty. I finally recovered it recently, and even though it looked great in the space, no one really used it. Not so anymore! It seems like another puzzle piece that's fallen into place. Too bad I can't show you the before picture of the chair. (I deleted it by mistake.)

Here's the wheel folded. I was making a brown paper pattern for a carry case and decided to use some oil cloth, recently purchased and a woolly mattress cover for padding. I wanted to use coroplast (you know, that corrugated plastic) for something to stiffen it. I tried cardboard for the prototype.

I worked late into the night and made a big mess trying to figure out the logistics of all of it. When it came to sewing the oil cloth to the padding it just wasn't going to happen. It was too thick and tricky. I have an idea that I think may work, but it's a project that's on hold for the moment.
Have a fun and productive week everyone!

No comments: