Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fibrefest Expo 2008

Fibre filled, that's how I spent my weekend. What a thrill!

This is a spool and sliver of Blue Face Leicester hand dyed by Fleece Artist. I couldn't resist the colours and it was my intention to buy one dyed sliver anyway. The rest of my purchases (Fine Shetland, Merino top and more Blue Faced Leicester) were all white, so I can do some hand dyeing myself. I also bought a beautiful chocolate Alpaca. The fibre, not the live animal! The next day was rainy, so we didn't get to go kite flying as planned, so poor me, had to stay in and spin....

I came up with this!

Go on, take a closer look!


Another afternoon of knitting and I came up with this! I did it! My first project with my first hand spun! I can't tell you how luxurious this scarf feels. It's smooth, elastic and has a lot of weight to it, something like alpaca.
More on Fibrefest in the next post. See you soon!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gobsmacked! What, do you do speeders at night? How did you get all that done since Friday?

It's gorgeous, bring it tomorrow night, k? :)

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh my. OH MY. I soooo want to touch this and feel its softness. Gorgeous colors.