Monday, March 24, 2008

Colour on the Brain

Sometimes I think about colours and colour combinations so much, it almost gets irritating. I read about a quilter the other day, and she said that sometimes while playing with colour combinations, she may lay out 30 different shades of pink (for example) before picking the right one. Then I realized that my yarn and fabric stashes need enhancing big time! By the way, this is my current project, the granny square afghan. I'm going to make the ripple afghan, but decided to go granny as a tester for the colours first. I want more soft and dark neutrals to balance the brights. Wow, there are so many beautiful crochet afghans on Ravelry and flickr right now, I'm amazed!

Here is a little thrifted doll dress. I left the doll at the store because it was really not my taste.



I got this tin this week, at a thrift store in Vancouver.

This is one of my favorite thrift stores, not because I have particularly good luck there but because it has character. The floors are wonkey. I want to live there! Oh, the prices are really good too, what thrift store prices should be! It's in Steveston. (for you Vancouverites)

I also got two of these nesting tins this weekend at another thrift store in Steveston. It was a tin can week! Love these roses.

5 comments:

PJ said...

Love the color on your brain...I do that with repeating patterns. In a journal I will try diff. combinations. It really is almost on the edge of ...insane. HA! It's all just so much fun!

Casa Oficio said...

Olá,
Seu blog é maravilhoso!!!
Pena que não falamos inglês...
Um abraço!

Anonymous said...

Really lovely colours for the granny square. Colours to make you smile. :)

Have you been spinning much? I've been playing with the Superwash Merino/Tencel stuff. Very shiny. I do wish I could get my stiff finer though so I could get more yardage. Did you have a nice long weekend?

Anonymous said...

That place is a thrift store?? I walk by there once in awhile and I never knew... I should get to know the neighbouhood better after living in it for 10+ years...

nice granny square. are you going to make a blanket?

Annie Jeffries said...

Becky, I love these warm, old-fashion colors. Very reminiscent of earlier times.